Our Lady of Lourdes
Last weekend marked the next Archbishop’s Catholic Appeal. Please prayerfully consider a generous donation to support these highly beneficial programs, especially during these trying times.
Please note that our Sunday 8 AM Mass will return next Sunday, October 4th! Sign up, now!
National Life Chain Sunday is coming! Join us for peaceful, prayerful, pro-life witness, on the corner of Belleview and Broadway on October 4, 2020, from 2 to 3 PM. Signs will be provided. See more information.
View our parish financials, for 2019–2020 here.
New Mass signup dates will be released every other Thursday at 12 PM. The next slots will be added October 8, 2020.
Lourdes is seeking a part-time bus driver! Must be CDL certified. Handyman/Maintenance skills a plus. Email Rosemary for details.
We are still offering Communion via car line, in combination with livestreamed Mass on Sundays, from noon to 1:00 PM (subject to change).
Dear Lourdes Parishioners—
We are enjoying your presence back in the pews! Please read the following information so that you know how to register to attend a Mass,what to expect when you arrive, and how we can make this as safe and smooth as possible. Information is subject to change as the Archdiocese and state authorities provide additional guidance.
- We will resume all five Sunday Masses (4:30 [anticipatory], 8 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM (noon), and 6 PM, Mountain Time) by October 4th. We are also offering our usual weekday Masses, Monday through Friday, 8 AM Mountain Time.
- You MUST register ahead of time to be admitted to Mass on Saturdays and Sundays. No walk-ins will be accommodated.
- Sign up for Mass here, by selecting the box of the date and time you desire. Please remember to update the number of attendees and list the names of each person in your party, including your own, and separate by commas so we can be certain of our capacity. Need help? Please call the parish office at 303.722.6861.
- Please note: we will continue to offer outdoor Communion (via car line) on Sundays from 12–1 PM, following the livestreamed Mass at 10 AM. These are meant to be celebrated in combination with each other.
- A dispensation from the Sunday Mass and Holy Day obligation remains in effect until further notice.
- *Everyone* will be required to wear a face mask while in attendance at Mass, except children aged 2 and younger.
- In-person Mass is strongly discouraged for anyone who has a higher risk of severe illness due to COVID-19 (those who are 65 years and older, with chronic lung or heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, liver disease, kidney disease, cancer, or those who are immunocompromised, immunosuppressed (you have received an organ transplant), or are undergoing chemotherapy, etc.). Instead, we encourage you to participate in the 10 AM Sunday livestreamed Mass.
- Please maintain 6 feet of distance between your party and all others at all times. Grant others space while entering and exiting the church, passing through doorways, sitting in designated pews, and while processing in the Communion line.
- Bathrooms will only be available for emergencies, so please plan accordingly.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the doors. Please use it frequently.
- Please receive Communion by hand only, and step six feet away before you remove your mask to receive Communion. Thank you for respecting our priest, altar servers, EMHCs, and those around you.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT MASS
- Arrive 15 minutes before Mass to get checked in and find a seat.
- One-way entrances and exits have been clearly labeled. Please watch for signage.
- A number of pews have been roped off to enhance social distancing. Please sit at least 6 feet away from other groups (members of the same family unit do not need to be distanced within their group).
- Allow 6 feet of separation between you and other attendees as you enter, exit, and move about the church.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the church.
- No worship aids will be available in the church (missals, song sheets, etc.). Feel free to bring your own Bible or missal, but please keep it with you.
- Ushers will be leaving an offertory basket by the doors to limit physical contact. Otherwise, please feel free to mail a check to the parish office with your weekly offertory, or sign up for online donations at lourdesdenver.org/donate.
- Please disperse promptly after Mass. We will not be able to congregate in groups before or after Mass. This will also provide our maintenance staff ample time to sanitize everything thoroughly between Masses.
Thank you for your help!
Traffic Flow for Mass
Subscribe to our YouTube page for at-home participation on Sundays.
How You Can Help
Please consider a gift to support the church:
Mass Collection | School Contribution
10 AM (in person & livestreamed) | Noon | 6 PM (Signup Required for all in-person Sunday Masses)
Communion Procession Still In Effect | Noon–1 PM | Please stay in your car | Enter parking lot from Warren; exit on Iliff
8 AM (No Signup Required)
4:30 PM (Signup Required)
Saturday | 8–10 AM | (No Signup Required. Please Maintain 6 Feet of Distance In Line and During Confession.)
Other Mass & Confession Information
- Weekday, 8 AM Mass has resumed. No signups are necessary for weekday Mass, although this is subject to change with the reinstatement of school.
- We are still offering Communion via car line, in combination with livestreamed Mass on Sundays, from Noon–1:00 PM (subject to change).
- Sunday confessions to come. Stay tuned!
- All weekday confessions, Adoration, and parish events are canceled until further notice, per the Archdiocese of Denver.
Communion Procession Guidelines
- Please first watch one of our livestream Masses before you come to receive Communion. We will be offering Communion via car line on Sundays from 12–1 PM, Tuesdays from noon–1 PM, and Thursdays from 5–6 PM. Here is the map of the one-way route to receive Communion (Warren St. entrance to Iliff Ave. exit).
- Please do not line up early; we cannot congest streets and inconvenience our neighbors. We anticipate that this will be ample time to serve all our parishioners. Thank you!
- Please receive by HAND, only, at this time. Also, there will be no distribution of the Precious Blood at this time.
- An EMHC or priest will rotate around your car to distribute the Holy Eucharist to all recipients, appropriately.
- Do not leave your car at any time, or wander the Lourdes campus for any reason—not even bathroom breaks. We must adhere to these guidelines, which are enforced by law.
- **Please stay home if you are sick,** or have any risk factors for COVID-19 (you are 65 or older, or have a compromised or suppressed immune system, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, blood clotting factors, or any other risky health conditions).
- Please pay attention to our directional volunteers whose purpose is to keep traffic flowing smoothly.
Sign up for Flocknote and help our parish communicate announcements and updates in a way that is efficient for us and convenient for you.