Our Lady of Lourdes
Please remember to vote YES on proposition 115. This is a crucial piece of legislation intended to stop late-term abortion, after 22 weeks gestation. It’s an important start to a long road of healing, but one we need not forget! Learn the facts, here.
Weather permitting, the outdoor Communion line will continue on Sundays from 12–1 PM in the Lourdes parking lot, and cancellations will be communicated via Flocknote.
Check out this new resource on the Catholic worldview of gender identity. In the future, access this link in our “Connect” tab under “Get Linked.”
Please note that our Sunday 8 AM Mass is now in full swing, as of Sunday, October 4th! Sign up, now!
New Mass signup dates will be released every other Thursday at 12 PM. The next slots will be added November 5, 2020.
Lourdes is seeking a part-time bus driver! Must be CDL certified. Handyman/Maintenance skills a plus. Email Rosemary for details.
Dear Lourdes Parishioners—
We are enjoying your presence back in the pews! Please read the following information about how to register for Mass,what to expect when you arrive, and how we can make this as safe and smooth as possible. Information is subject to change as the Archdiocese and state authorities provide additional guidance.
- All five weekend Masses (4:30 [anticipatory], 8 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM (noon), and 6 PM, Mountain Time) have resumed as of October 4th. We are also offering our usual weekday Masses, Monday through Friday, 8 AM Mountain Time without required signups. However, please be aware that our students are often in attendance during school days, which increases our weekday Mass capacity.
- Please register ahead of time to be admitted to Mass on Saturdays and Sundays. No walk-ins will be accommodated.
- Sign up for Mass here, by selecting the box of the date and time you desire. Please remember to update the number of attendees and list each name of the persons in your party, and separate by commas to ensure accurate capacity counts. Need help? Please call the parish office at 303.722.6861.
- Please note: weather permitting, we will continue to offer outdoor Communion (via car line) on Sundays from 12–1 PM, following the livestreamed Mass at 10 AM.Cancellations or changes will be announced via Flocknote.
- A dispensation from the Sunday Mass and Holy Day obligation remains in effect until further notice. Changes to this dispensation are expected at the end of November.
- *Everyone* will be required to wear a face mask during Mass, except children aged 2 and younger.
- Please consider virtual Mass if you are high risk of severe illness due to COVID-19. At-risk persons included, but are not limited to, those who are 65 years and older with chronic lung or heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, liver disease, kidney disease, cancer, or those who are immunocompromised, immunosuppressed (you have received an organ transplant, or are undergoing chemotherapy, etc.). Instead, we encourage these people to participate in the 10 AM Sunday livestreamed Mass.
- Please maintain 6 feet of distance between your party and all others at all times. Leave space while you enter and exit the church, pass through doorways, sit in designated pews, and while you process in the Communion line.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the doors; please use it frequently.
- Please receive Communion by hand only, and step 6 feet away before lowering your mask, unless you are in the designated line for Communion by mouth. Thank you for respecting our priest, altar servers, EMHCs, and those around you. Don’t forget to sanitize after contact with others!
WHAT TO EXPECT AT MASS
- Arrive 15 minutes before Mass to get checked in and find a seat.
- Allow 6 feet of separation between you and other attendees at all times within the church.
- Please sit at least 6 feet away from other groups (families can sit close together within their group).
- No food or drinks are allowed in the church.
- No worship aids will be available in the church (missals, song sheets, etc.). Feel free to bring your own Bible or missal, but please keep it with you.
- Ushers will be using long-handled offertory baskets to limit physical contact. Or, if you prefer, you may mail a check to the parish office with your weekly offertory, or sign up for online donations at lourdesdenver.org/donate.
- Please disperse promptly after Mass, and do not congregate before or after Mass. This will minimize contact and provide our maintenance staff ample time to sanitize thoroughly between Masses.
Thank you for your help!
Subscribe to our YouTube page for at-home participation on Sundays.
How You Can Help
Please consider a gift to support the church:
Mass Collection | School Contribution
10 AM (in person & livestreamed) | Noon | 6 PM (Signup Required for all in-person Sunday Masses)
Communion Procession Still In Effect | Noon–1 PM | Please stay in your car | Enter parking lot from Warren; exit on Iliff
8 AM (No Signup Required)
4:30 PM (Signup Required)
Saturday | 8–10 AM | (No Signup Required. Please Maintain 6 Feet of Distance In Line and During Confession.)
Other Mass & Confession Information
- Weekday, 8 AM Mass has resumed. No signups are necessary for weekday Mass, although this is subject to change with the reinstatement of school.
- We are still offering Communion via car line, in combination with livestreamed Mass on Sundays, from Noon–1:00 PM (subject to change).
- Sunday confessions to come. Stay tuned!
- All weekday confessions, Adoration, and parish events are canceled until further notice, per the Archdiocese of Denver.
Communion Procession Guidelines
- Please first watch one of our livestream Masses before you come to receive Communion. We will be offering Communion via car line on Sundays from 12–1 PM, Tuesdays from noon–1 PM, and Thursdays from 5–6 PM. Here is the map of the one-way route to receive Communion (Warren St. entrance to Iliff Ave. exit).
- Please do not line up early; we cannot congest streets and inconvenience our neighbors. We anticipate that this will be ample time to serve all our parishioners. Thank you!
- Please receive by HAND, only, at this time. Also, there will be no distribution of the Precious Blood at this time.
- An EMHC or priest will rotate around your car to distribute the Holy Eucharist to all recipients, appropriately.
- Do not leave your car at any time, or wander the Lourdes campus for any reason—not even bathroom breaks. We must adhere to these guidelines, which are enforced by law.
- **Please stay home if you are sick,** or have any risk factors for COVID-19 (you are 65 or older, or have a compromised or suppressed immune system, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, blood clotting factors, or any other risky health conditions).
- Please pay attention to our directional volunteers whose purpose is to keep traffic flowing smoothly.
Sign up for Flocknote and help our parish communicate announcements and updates in a way that is efficient for us and convenient for you.